Toronto Eaton Centre launches music talent program with performance by Toronto’s Shi Wisdom
On Thursday, September 6, 2012, Toronto Eaton Centre will launch Urban Mic, a live music experience aimed at profiling the city’s wide range of musical talent.
The kickoff event, taking place in the Urban Eatery, will feature a performance by Toronto’s Shi Wisdom. Shi’s soul, R&B and alternative influences bring a unique, soulfulness to her voice, most recently heard on Kardinal Official’s Mr. Parker.
Every Thursday evening following the launch will host musical talents from throughout Toronto and the GTA. Toronto Eaton Centre is calling on all artists, young and old, to come out and show Toronto what they’ve got.
Are you a band or artist looking for exposure and are interested in profiling your music to the Centre’s thousands of daily visitors, as well as its loyal social media community? Want to take stage at the Urban Mic? Visit www.tecurbanmic.com for more information.
Details for submission and performances:·
– Anyone interested in auditioning for Urban Mic can submit a video or audio sample to email@example.com·
– The judges will pick artists/groups based on a theme (rock, hip hop, country, jazz, etc.) to perform live each week in the Urban Eatery·
– The performances will be taped, and videos of performances will be posted to dedicated Urban Mic webpage, as well as on the Toronto Eaton Centre YouTube channel·
– The public will vote by views on Toronto Eaton Centre YouTube page, and one grand final performance will feature the favourites from each week·
– Each final performer will win a prize pack, courtesy of Toronto Eaton Centre, and the opportunity to perform live during the Centre’s Christmas programming
WHEN: Thursday evenings beginning Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 6pm
WHERE: Toronto Eaton Centre
220 Yonge Street, Toronto
Urban Eatery, North side (basement level)
For more information please contact:
MAVERICK PR (for Toronto Eaton Centre)
416.640.5525 ext. 230 / firstname.lastname@example.org