Airsa Art and Thought Association is a North York based non for profit organization, and its mission is to familiarize people with the arts and to support communities such as newcomers and newcomer artists through partnerships, cultural events, training opportunities, and community art initiatives.This project, My Art, My New Land, is a SPARK project for the Cultural Hotspot in partnership with the City of Toronto, Neighbourhood Arts Network, North York Arts, and North Toronto LIP.
This improv series of workshops has been created to help newcomer artists face and overcome challenges in a new culture and society by providing an opportunity to develop communication skills in authentic and dynamic situations. The final workshop will end with a celebration. Admission is Free for participants.
The facilitators are the best in their fields and are ready to share their experiences with the participants in these four themes:
- Adaptiveness (Beatriz Pizano, August 3)
- Network and effective communication (Anand Rajaram, August 10)
- Collaboration Skills (Marjorie Chan, August 17)
- Marketing and Promotion (Yasser Pervais, August 24)
Workshop’s takeaways are included but not limited to:
- Handbooks and guides which different organizations provid for earning information about art organizations, contacts, and more
- Personalized feedback and guidance on content, verbiage, physical behavior and body language
- Improved communication, teamwork, adaptability and marketing skills.
For more information: www.neighbourhoodartsnetwork.org/events/cultural-hotspot-my-art,-my-new-land
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/Airsa.Art.Thought.Association/
Registration page: www.eventbrite.ca/e/my-art-my-new-land-workshops-tickets-25659859330