All Kids are VIPs: Immigrant Integration at School
Free Webinar Event
Learn about an exciting school-based program from Germany that empowers immigrant youth, educators, and “celebrity” ambassadors to raise awareness about cultural diversity. Replicated in Barcelona as “Eres joven, ¡triunfarás!” the program has now spread to schools across Spain to inspire a new generation to share positive contributions about immigrant integration. Join us for insights and practical lessons on how good ideas travel.
Date and Time (by timezone):
March 7, 2012
10:00 EST in Toronto, New York
15:00 GMT in London
16:00 CET in Brussels, Berlin, Barcelona
Check your timezone
Good Ideas from Gütersloh and Barcelona!
Webinar participants will learn about:
- A Good Idea! In Germany, the “Alle Kids Sind VIPs” (“All Kids Are VIPs”) is an exciting student-led program that was founded by the Bertelsmann Stiftung where it was a runaway success. The “All Kids Are VIPs” campaign invites German students to find innovative ways to create welcoming environments for newcomers and improve integration at their schools.
- The benefits of replication! Replicated in Spain, the “Eres joven, ¡triunfarás!” (“You are young, you will succeed!”) program builds on the success of the German campaign. It raises awareness about the role of youth in the integration of migrants, and promotes the celebrity-supported campaign to parents and policy-makers.
- Discover how you can make this Good Idea work for you! Good ideas about integration practice, like all good ideas, travel. Participants are invited to explore how this Good Idea could be replicated or adapted in their home city.
|How to join: To participate, you need a computer with internet access and a landline telephone. Online and audio instructions will be emailed to confirmed participants.
Unable to attend?
- Email us your questions to the presenters in advance!
- Tweet your questions during the event @CitiesMigration
- Watch it later! Register now and receive an email notification when archived presentations are online