Applications are now being accepted for the Marketing Manager position at the Flato Markham Theatre. Applicants can see the full job description and apply online. This posting closes on January 31st, 2016.
The Marketing Manager is the primary lead for developing, implementing and monitoring the Theatre’s marketing and public relations strategies, plans and budgets to meet or exceed objectives for ticket and subscription sales, advertising revenues, registrations, individual donations and other earned and contributed income sources. The Marketing Manager also provides support for fundraising and sponsor/donor initiatives.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Develop and implement the annual marketing plan, promotional and outreach strategies along with the associated budgets, in order to support the Theatre’s overall business strategy for increased sales and other earned
– Develop and implement sales, marketing, advertising and publicity plans and tactics in all medium (including broadcast, print, digital/interactive and social media) to achieve continued growth for single ticket sales, group ticket sales and subscription sales targets, and to maximize the theatre’s overall profile.
– Manage production and distribution of all marketing material, including brochures, flyers and associated collateral along with digital marketing, promotion and content.
– Lead strategic marketing partnership and sponsorship operation, including completing analysis and implementation to grow the partnership program.
– Develop and implement grassroots marketing, group sales, strategic relationships and networks to engage the community, secure clients and advance sales.
– Develop and implement a public relations and publicity plan including proactive media coverage.
– Develop, monitor and report on the marketing budget against objectives for earned and contributed income.
– Develop, implement and manage fundraising strategies to expand, and retain individual donations through Circle of Stars Program, annual fundraising Gala, and special events.
– Support the Theatre Manager in solicitation of major donors and sponsors.
– Prepare proposals and offers to develop new partnership/sponsorship opportunities with the business community.
– Contribute to defining and delivering special events such as the Annual Fundraising Gala.
– Participate in overseeing the operations of the box office with the goal of increasing ticket sales, individual donations and growth of the database.
– Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or other related programs.
– Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, preferably in the performing arts
– In-depth knowledge of the multi-disciplinary performing arts sector.
– Strong track record in executing/supervising successful marketing campaigns and public relations activities.
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
– Experience in a revenue generating position, preferably generating ticket sales and earned income.
– In-depth knowledge of print and electronic media, excellent knowledge of
– Relationship builder and facilitator.
– Demonstrates diplomacy, sensitivity and flexibility when interacting with diverse stakeholders.
– Ability to function as a strong leader as well as a member of a team.
– Ability to simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive tasks.
– Willingness and ability to work evening and weekends in accordance with Theatre events.
– Ability to work well under pressure with a positive attitude and good sense
The City of Markham is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all those applicants who have applied; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.