The Ontario Arts Council is looking for submissions to develop a creative-driven, mobile-friendly interactive website to mark its 50th anniversary year. The purpose of this website is to celebrate how Ontario artists and arts organizations engage, reflect and inspire audiences and the public.
We are seeking submissions for the development of an innovative website that may include but is not limited to interactive documentary, mobile and locative media, interactive animation, interactive photo essay and data visualization.
Project needs to be realizable for $30,000.00 or less.
* Engage users in a virtual celebration of the arts and artists in Ontario
* Create a unique online space that exemplifies the potential and impact of the arts
* Reflect on the past 50 years of public support for the arts in Ontario, and look to the future
* Increase awareness of how OAC plays a key role in the arts ecology throughout all parts of the province
* Increase awareness of the diversity of all art forms including Francophone, Aboriginal, culturally-diverse and new-generation artists
* Leverage OAC’s small budget by creating a dynamic product with the ability to “go viral” and carry itself through social media
* Encourage repeat visitors with constantly-renewed content (perhaps user-generated) that remains relevant and engaging
Who Should Submit?
* This Request for Expressions of Interest (RFEoI) is open to individuals or teams working with creative technology including artists, companies, new media creators, interactive designers, social media producers, advertising agencies, etc.
* Candidates are encouraged to form partnerships, joint ventures or collectives to combine knowledge, expertise and other resources, if necessary, to complete this project.
* Candidates (including emerging artists) at all stages of their career are encouraged to apply.
How do I submit a proposal?
Please review the attached RFEoI. The RFEoI is a formal process that enables the OAC to identify candidates from whom to invite formal submissions and ultimately, through a Request for Quotations (RFQ), select and purchase creative and development services for this project.
Please read the guidelines in the RFEoI and answer the questions in the “Respond” section.
What is the submission deadline?
July 27, 2012
Contact Emily Gordon at email@example.com no later than July 13, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. A copy of all questions received and answers provided will be e-mailed to all applicants on July 17, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. General questions concerning process can also be directed by telephone at 416-969-7405.
How many projects will be selected?
One project will be selected by OAC.
What is the next step after the RFEOI?
After the RFEoI, some or all candidates may be invited to present in person at the OAC offices. A shortlist will be developed by the Website Committee, to which a Request for Quotation (RFQ) will be sent. The RFQ will ask candidates to respond to specific requirements developed by OAC as a result of information gathered during the RFEoI, as well as submit final pricing. The RFQ will list specific evaluation criteria which will determine the successful candidate. After the RFQ, the OAC may issue a contract to the successful candidate.
The OAC may or may not choose to issue a RFQ. If no RFQ is issued, no contract will be issued to any supplier.
Purchaser | Acheteuse
Ontario Arts Council | Conseil des arts de l’Ontario | www.arts.on.ca