Established in 1968, CARFAC is the national association for Canada’s visual artists. CARFAC defends artists’ economic and legal rights, and educates the public on fair dealing with artists. Contract position for 1 year with possibility of extension, starting March 2, 2015. 15 hours/week at $15/hour. Location: Ottawa, ON.
– Answering routine enquiries from members, and processing membership sales and requests
– Distribution of news to CARFAC members, through e-bulletins and social media
– Coordination of outreach and professional development of services for artists
– Coordination of events and educational training for members
– Assisting in the scheduling, organization, and publicity of conferences and board meetings
– Applicants will have a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in fine arts or arts administration. Related fields of education and experience will also be considered.
– Applicants will have the ability to communicate effectively and fluently, orally and in writing, in both English and French.
– Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong research, writing, and presentation skills.
– Applicants will have strong organizational skills and high attention to detail, with the ability to manage competing priorities.
Although not required, any of the following skills are considered useful for the position:
– Interest in advocacy, labour relations, or cultural policy.
– Experience working with, or as, a visual or media artist.
– Experience coordinating volunteers, events, and fundraising.
– Experience with databases such as Excel and Salesforce.
– Experience with communications platforms, including social media.
– Experience using InDesign and Photoshop.
– Experience with web design and video editing.
CARFAC is an equal opportunity employer, and thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications must be received by the CARFAC National Office by 5pm EST on February 3rd.
Please send applications to:
director [at] carfac [dot] ca