Title: Program Manager
Application Deadline: July 15, 2015
Start Date: August 17, 2015
Position: Full-time 9 month maternity leave contract, with the possibility of continuing part-time, two days/week after May, 2016
Salary: $38,500 – $40,000 per year
Location: 15 Case Goods Lane, Studio 304 at Toronto’s Historic Distillery District
The CanDance Network (The Canadian Network of Dance Presenters CanDance / CanDanse le Réseau canadien des diffuseurs de danse) is Canada’s national network supporting the creation and distribution of contemporary dance. Our 43 members across the country are professional dance presenters. Members cooperate on commissioning and touring projects, showcases and professional development. Through these activities, the network furthers the Canadian public’s access to and appreciation of dance events.
The Program Manager works closely with the CanDance Executive Director and board of directors to implement and oversee programs and services designed to support its membership – Canada’s dance presenters. The Program Manager is responsible for core programming, to include:
– Member Communications: preparing monthly newsletters, managing social media groups and email listserv, overseeing the continuing development of a custom built online networking site with a Technical Consultant.
– Commissioning and Exchange Projects: Managing all aspects of the CanDance Network’s annual Creation Fund and Creative Exchange Projects, including coordinating the application process, overseeing the budget, executing contracts with presenting partners and booking travel and accommodation for artist exchanges.
– National and Regional Dance Presenter Meetings: In partnership with regional dance networks and dance festivals, planning presenter meetings in different regions of Canada, including organizing programming committees, registration, arranging facilities, translation services, catering, etc.
In addition to the core programming mentioned above, the Program Manager will also:
– Assist with preparing grant applications and final reports
– Oversee office administration
– Support the board of directors in the role of board secretary, including arranging meetings, preparing meeting agendas and other materials, and recording, editing, and distributing meeting minutes
– Provide input into policy development for the presenting community
Required Qualifications and Experience:
– A bachelor’s degree or equivalent; expertise in administration and management
– 3+ years working in arts administration or equivalent
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– French language skills an asset
– Ability to prepare budgets and manage cash flow
– Proven Microsoft Office application skills (Word, Excel, Power Point)
– Knowledge of social media sites (facebook, twitter) and the following software an asset: Filemaker Pro Database, Mailchimp (newsletter software), Weebly (website host), Adobe Creative Suite or basic photo editing skills.
– Ability to work within a team in an open concept office
– Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills
– Ability to be self-directed, work on and prioritise multiple projects with competing demands
Some weekend work and travel required.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, outlining their relevant background and qualifications, and resume, by July 15, 2015 to:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Mail: 15 Case Goods Lane, Studio 304, Toronto, ON M5A 3C4
– Attn: Mimi Beck, Executive Director
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THE CANDANCE NETWORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER