Scarborough Arts is a not-for-profit organization that has been serving the community through the arts since 1978. Scarborough Arts develops, delivers and promotes arts programming and cultural initiatives in collaboration and partnership with the community. For more information, please visit www.scarborougharts.com
The Program Director, reporting to Executive Director, a one year full-time maternity leave contract position, is responsible for the management, implementation, and evaluation of current Scarborough Arts’ programs and events, as well as developing future programs and program models—that better meet the community’s needs, increase impact, and have long-term sustainability.
If you are applying for the position, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are attracted to community arts. You are a self-starter and a self-learner. You are a problem-solver. You see challenges as opportunities. You take initiative and responsibility. You have an abundance of positive energy that is contagious. You deeply listen to the community that you are serving. You are driven to create value for others and make an impact. You are both a leader and a collaborator. You are a high performer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role will be divided into 2 parts: Program Management and Program Development
Program Management (50%)
• Develop work plans, schedules, and budgets in collaboration with the program team.
• Develop program budgets on an annual basis, and oversee individual program budgets and ensuring that they stay on track.
• Hands-on management of the program team and monitoring its work performance.
• Ensure that programs are efficiently run, with the appropriate balance of instructors, volunteers, and student intern resources.
• Manage program administration and onsite coordination of programs and events where necessary.
• Oversee the creation and distribution of program marketing communications material
• Work collaboratively with the Gallery Manager to develop Bluffs Gallery exhibition, programming, and event schedule
• Implement rigorous individual program impact and evaluation processes, analyzing data that will be basis for grant reports, and also determine future high-impact programs that meet evolving community interests and needs.
• Chair and/or be a part of Advisory Committee meetings as required
• Attend evening/weekend events and programs as required
• Other administrative or operational duties as required
Program Development (50%)
• Conduct sponsorship outreach for programs and events
• Assist the Executive Director in fundraising (seeking in-kind support, corporate sponsorships, project grants, awards, and donations) that allow for program capacity building.
• Develop new external partnerships and strengthen existing external partnerships in Scarborough and the City of Toronto at-large.
• Develop models to increase the impact and sustainability of current programs
• Make recommendations for new, innovative, and high-impact programming with budgets for children, youth, adults, and seniors in response to Scarborough’s evolving community needs, ensuring exclusivity, relevance, and diversity.
• Build membership development into the program models to increase lifetime engagement with participants and their supporters
• Other development responsibilities as needed
• Experience with financial management, work plans, timelines, and reporting
• Experience designing and developing innovative arts programs and community-based initiatives
• Experience in supervising and managing staff, volunteers, delegating tasks, etc
• Experience in event management and public relations
• Experience with grant, sponsorship, and proposal writing
• Knowledge of Toronto arts scene and broad spectrum of arts mediums, with connections to different cultural, non-profit/for-profit organizations
• Post-secondary education in the arts, community development, or related field (Bachelors’ degree or higher preferred)
• Effective time-management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills (utilize systems)
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse communities and organizations
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications, Google Calendar, and Google Drive
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and WordPress preferred
• Additional language(s) considered an asset
• Access to a vehicle considered an asset
Contract: 1 year contract commencing early December 2015
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
HOW TO APPLY:
1.) Apply with a cover letter, resume, and 2 references attached as ONE PDF or Word file.
2.) Save attachment as FIRST NAME_LAST NAME_PD2015
3.) Send by email with “Program Director” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on November 27th, 2015.
4.) In your cover letter please include 2 ideas/examples of how Scarborough Arts can increase the impact and/or sustainability of our programs.
5.) Please also note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting
Thank you to all those that apply, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone or walk-in inquiries please. All applications are considered confidential.
Scarborough Arts is a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization whose mission is to bring arts to the community and community to the arts.