Application Deadline: Dec 25, 2016
Start Date: Jan 01, 2016
Salary: $35,000 – $45,000
Region: Metro Toronto Area
City: North York
Durdy Bayramov Art Foundation
The newly founded Durdy Bayramov Art Foundation’s mission is to celebrate the life and legacy of a renown Central Asian artist Durdy Bayramov through programs that cultivate cultural exchange and stimulate the vitality of the arts. The Foundation believes that creative thought and activities are essential tools in fostering vibrant, livable and productive communities. The foundation is committed to making visual arts accessible for a wide range of audiences through high-quality arts education outreach programs (e.g., lectures, art classes, inperson and online workshops and studio demonstrations) in 0rder to foster lifelong learning. Its mission encompasses educating youth in the fine arts, through a scholarship fund, and supporting research on artists from underrepresented populations around the world. The Bayramov Museum contains paintings of the late artist, Durdy Bayramov, and a collection of prized art books is a vital part of the foundation’s Art Education Program.
The incumbent must be willing to work in a fast-paced environment with added responsibilities and new deadlines. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Director and work independently in fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. S/he will be responsible for executing a range of tasks based on the program needs and requirements of the Foundation. As a key personnel, the Coordinator will manage the collection archive as well as plan, organize, direct and participate in the development of all programs of the Foundation. S/he will design/develop outreach materials, and help with research and establishment of various exhibitions and events. S/he must develop and coordinate all publicity for art exhibitions, including speaking at various events and coordinate all messaging across The Foundation’s social media platforms.
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Manage, develop and monitor (from start to finish) the monthly social media plan in order to attract a wider audience (Social media includes but is not limited to Foundation’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Instagram and other accounts).
- Analyze and review social media reports in order to assess outreach efforts, adjust posts as necessary
- Identify new trends in social media and incorporate into the Foundation’s plan and daily posts
- Support the Collection’s manager in the archival process of the paintings, from condition reports to placement of all art pieces.
- Train new staff and volunteers on known archival processes
- Keep track of all prints and paintings and ensure they are preserved and stored appropriately
- Design all outreach materials through Adobe Creative Suit (InDesign) or Photoshop in coordination with the branding of the Foundation’s brand
- Maintain consistency of the Foundation’s brand voice in all of publications and written materials
- Provide hands-on support in organizing events and exhibitions from start to finish
- Write compelling didactic panels and excerpts for paintings and publications
- Respond to all program inquiries and manage list serves for different programs.
- In coordination with the Executive Team, support the development of annual reports, as well as annual program strategy
- Establish a monitoring and evaluation tracking system to ensure all programs align with the Foundation’s mission.
- Due to the growing nature of the Foundation, other tasks and assignments may develop overtime.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- This position requires a self-starter, an energetic, creative and detail oriented personality with superior communication skills.
- S/he must be an outstanding writer, and have a degree from a four-year college or university with a focus in Art, Art History, Art Business, Visual Arts or a job from a related field.
- S/he will have an equivalent to two years of full-time, technical or administrative experience in the Art World (i.e galleries, museums, a cultural institution etc.) or a related job.
- Additional experience in job related field might be substituted for required education on a year for year basis.
- The candidate must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT) Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign or Photoshop for development of creative outreach materials.
- Knowledge of French and/or Russian languages will give a significant advantage.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants must submit: (1) a cover letter, (2) a CV highlighting relevant experience and (3) one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Program Coordinator” by December 25, 2016.