Call for Submission:
Gathering Divergence Spring 2022
The Gathering Divergence Multi-Arts Festival and Conference has been a powerful, positive and supportive convening of arts practitioners geared towards sharing strategies in the engagement of indigenous, racialized, deaf, disabled and mad, women and other historically – marginalized artists and communities. This year, Gathering Divergence Multi-Arts Festival & Conference Spring 2022 | Moulding The Future: Rethinking Strategies for the Arts Sector Now will address emergent ways of rethinking the sector as we emerge out of the pandemic, focusing on the responsibility of the sector to strategize, implement supportive systems that benefit IBPOC artists / organizations and the Arts Sector at large.
Held over three days, the festival and conference will be hybrid (online / in-person) and features panel discussions, showcase performances, workshops and networking opportunities for arts organizations, artists and arts sector professionals asking the same questions about sectoral change processes, monetizing digital content, developing and embedding Safety / Permission in the Arts, all grounded within the EDIP (Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity towards Pluralism).
What is the overall concept?
Gathering Divergence Multi – Arts Festival and Conference:
- an interactive space where arts organizations artists and attendees share
- dedicated to advancing performance, advocacy and pluralism in the arts
- dialogue on common interests, experienced and strategies towards a better more equitable and inclusive arts sector
Why are we doing it?
We believe systemic change is more effectively achieved through collective, creative action, we seek to:
- create, support and learn through open-source resources and toolkits
- advance strategies to understand how we are influenced by issues of equity and digital technology in and out of
- amplify the artistic practices and administration of IBPOC individuals
What we hope to achieve?
We hope that everyone arrives at a better understanding of the many ways in which we support, create from and within the Arts sector as indigenous / ethno-racially identified artists with a pluralist lens.
Deadline: March 25, 2022
When & where is the event?
May 11- 13, 2022
Location: Online / In-Person events following all public health guidelines.
What we offer:
• Opportunity to display / showcase / facilitate a workshop to a wide range of artists/ audience, publicity, copy of performance. (No more than 15 minutes in length)
• Visual Arts / Workshop RFP’s MUST include:
- Set up requirements
- Estimated time for set up and striking of work
- Whether assistance is needed or included
• Compensation Range:
- Dance / Theatre / Music Honorariums $400 – $1000 (based on the number of artists)
- Literary Readings up to $300
- Exhibition fees for Visual Artists will be based on CARFAC Standards
- Workshops $300 (1 hour maximum, all disciplines)
Required for consideration:
• Brief explanation of how your proposed work relates to ONE OR BOTH of the Conference’s Themes:
- Broadening capacities for IBPOC Art makers
- Workshops specific to the needs of the IBPOC Artists / Arts Organizations and the Festival / Conference’s theme of rethinking strategies
- Digital Applications, Support and Thinking about Monetizing the Arts
• Works where the major contributors / artists or otherwise self-identify IBPOC
• Works created by IBPOC artists and Organizations
• Artist / Organization Website URL, Social Media Info
• Biography (150 words)
• Headshot / Company Image 300 dpi
• Links to previous work(s) or work proposed.
• Visual Arts submissions MUST include:
- set up requirements
- estimated time for set up and striking of work
- whether assistance is needed or included
Administered by a Selection Committee: CPAMO Board member(s), Program Manager, Executive Director, and Pluralism in Organizational Change (CPAMOPOC) members. The committee will consider the following:
- Artistic Merit and with overall connection to CPAMO’s mandate and objectives
- The Focus on the Gathering’s themes
- Viability (overall programming cost, # of artists proposed, range / breath / depth of the submission)
What should I put in the submission subject line?
“Submission: The Gathering Divergence Spring 2022″
Please make sure to also include a link to your folder with the required support material.
An important notice: CPAMO operates in a Cloud-based platform. Documents MUST be submitted via (Google Drive, Box, One Drive, Dropbox etc.)
Where to send your submission? email@example.com
Successful applicants will be notified by April 6, 2022