Gathering Divergence Multi-Arts
Festival & Conference Spring 2021
Call for Submissions
Gathering Divergence Multi-Arts Festival & Conference Spring has been a powerful, positive and supportive convening of arts practitioners geared towards sharing strategies in the engagement of indigenous, racialized, deaf, disabled and mad, women and other historically – marginalized artists and communities. This year, Gathering Divergence Multi-Arts Festival & Conference Spring 2021 | What Have We Learnt: Approaches, Lessons and Future Strategies towards Anti Black Racism, Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity and Digital Support in the Arts will explore frameworks for understanding the potential of working with digital technologies in IBPOC arts practices.
Held over three days, the festival and conference will feature panel discussions, showcase performances, workshops and networking opportunities for arts organizations, artists and arts sector professionals asking the same questions about anti-black racism in the arts, digital technology, its intersections with one’s artistic / organizational practices all grounded within the EDIP (Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity towards Pluralism). The sessions will be aimed at investigating systemic challenges, providing professional development while building organizational and artistic capacity. We aspire to enlivening the many ways in which the arts will support cultural impact, civic engagement and deeper understanding of emerging digital frameworks.
What is the overall concept?
Gathering Divergence Multi – Arts Festival and Conference offers an interactive space where arts organizations, artists and attendees dedicated to advancing performance, advocacy and pluralism in the arts can share, dialogue on common interests, purposes and strategies towards a better more equitable and inclusive arts sector.
Why are we doing it?
We believe systemic change is more effectively achieved through collective, creative action, and seek to create, support and learn through open-source resources, toolkits and strategies to understand how we are influenced, relate to anti-black racism and digital technology in and out of our artistic practices and administrations.
What we hope to achieve?
We hope that everyone arrives at a better understanding of the many ways in which we support, create from and within the Arts sector as indigenous / ethno-racially identified artists with a pluralist lens.
Deadline: March 31st, 2021
When and where is the festival and conference?
May 19-21, 2021 via Zoom
What we offer:
Opportunity to display/showcase your work to a wide range of artists/ audience, publicity, copy of the performance. (No more than 15 minutes in length)
- Dance / Theatre / Music Honorariums $400 – $600
- Literary Readings up to $200
- Visual Artists will be based on CARFAC Standards
Required for consideration:
– Brief explanation of how your proposed work relates to ONE OR BOTH of the Conference’s Themes:
- IBPOC Experiences Approaches, Lessons and Future Strategies
- Workshops specific to the needs of the IBPOC Artists / Arts Organizations and the Festival / Conference’s theme
- Digital Applications, Support and Thinking
– Works where contributors / artists or those self identify as IBPOC
– Works created by Black / IPOC artists and Organizations
– Artist / Organization Website URL, Social Media Info, Biography (150 words)
– Headshot / Company Image 300 dpi
– Links to previous work(s) or work proposed.
Visual Arts submissions MUST include:
- Set up requirements
- Estimated time for set up and striking of work
- Whether assistance is needed or included
Administered by a Selection Committee (CPAMO Board member(s), Program Manager, Executive Director, and Pluralism in Organizational Change (CPAMOPOC) members. The committee will consider the following:
- Artistic Merit and with overall connection to CPAMO’s mandate and objectives
- The Focus on the Gathering’s themes
- Viability (overall programming cost, # of artists proposed, range / breath / depth of the submission)
What should I put in the submission subject line?
“Submission: The Gathering Divergence Festival Spring 2021″
Please make sure to also include a link to your folder with the required support material.
An important notice: CPAMO operates in a Cloud-based platform. Documents MUST be submitted via (Google Drive, Box, One Drive, Dropbox etc.)
Where to send your submission?
Successful applicants will be notified Friday, April 23rd, 2021